Ethiopian Lamb Soup
(0 ratings) Add Your Comments and Ratings
Lamp is a favorite among Jews the world over and Ethiopia is no exception.
675 gr. stewing lamb, cut into 2" (5 cm.) cubes
2 medium tomatoes
3 Tbsp. olive oil
6 spring onions, chopped coarsely
2 - 3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp. each black pepper, salt and turmeric
1/4 tsp. caraway seed
- Place all the ingredients in a heavy kettle and stir together gently.
- Pour over 6 cups of boiling water or stock and cook, covered, over a low flame until the meat is tender (about 2 hours).
- Skim occasionally during the cooking process.
- After the meat is tender, remove and discard the tomatoes.
- Serve hot, dividing the meat and vegetables equally.
Be the first to comment on this recipe!